Osteopath, Forté Physical Health – getting you back to full health
An osteopath can help you with injury, movement problems or aches and pains. We are a highly experienced team of osteopaths and sports injury specialists based in Chelmsford, Essex and we help our clients recover and become pain-free fast.
– Do you have an injury that is causing you pain or restricting your activity?
– Are you suffering from long-standing back or neck pain?
– Do you have limited movement or aches and pains?
– Have you had surgery and need to get back to full function fast?
Give us a call and let’s have a chat about how an osteopath would be able to help you.
* Highly reviewed osteopathy clinic with top ratings in Google and Facebook Reviews for a local osteopath from our Chelmsford area patients
* The professionals in our osteopathic practice are registered with the General Osteopathic Council with top level qualifications and experience
* We have male and female osteopaths if you have a preference (see our staff page for more information on qualifications and registration)
* Osteopath near me ? Whether you need to visit our Chelmsford clinic for emergency treatment or to book an assessment, just call us on 01245 522360 and we will look after you the best we can
What is an osteopath?
We can assess, treat and help prevent a wide range of health problems. In our osteopathy clinic we use a combination of movement, stretching, targeted massage and manipulation of a person’s muscles and joints to improve function, relieve pain and help recovery. The body has the natural ability to heal and maintain itself and, by helping this process, an osteopath promotes restoration of normal function. The principle of osteopathy is that the wellbeing of an individual relies on the way that bones, muscles, ligaments, connective tissue and internal structures work with each other.
An osteopathic practitioner will take the time to understand their patient, and their unique combination of symptoms, medical history and lifestyle. This helps to make an accurate diagnosis of the causes of the pain or lack of function (rather than just addressing the site of the condition), and from that, to formulate a treatment plan that will achieve the best outcome.
Osteopaths can also give you specific advice that you can apply to everyday activities to look after yourself and reduce your risk of pain or injury. For example, if you have back pain, they may give you advice about good posture, correct lifting or carrying techniques and avoiding awkward twisting, over-stretching or standing still for extended periods.
There is a good article by the General Osteopathic Council here about visiting an osteopathy clinic and they have also produced a useful leaflet called “What to expect from your osteopath”. Use this link to download the PDF document.
Osteopathy or Physiotherapy?
See our article on osteopath vs physio and who is best to treat you.
Osteopathy or Chiropractic?
See our article on osteopath vs chiropractor and how you choose who to treat you.
Chelmsford Osteopath services at the Forté Physical Health clinic